At The Faber Catholic Primary School, we want every child to be happy and enthusiastic learners of Geography, and to be eager to achieve their very best in order to fulfil their God-given talents. We firmly believe that the recipe for success is high quality first-wave teaching in Geography, which is central to the life of our happy, caring school.
Sir David Attenborough
Cotton College in its glory days - just along Cotton Lane
The Faber Catholic Primary School
Cotton College was founded by William Errington at the recommendation of Bishop Richard Challoner. In 1873 it moved to Cotton Hall. The school closed in 1987 due to financial difficulties.
Map of Cotton
St Wilfred's Church
St Wilfrid’s is an important church historically as it was designed by A.W.N. Pugin, the designer of the Palace of Westminster. Pugin was commissioned by the Earl of Shrewsbury, a Catholic Revivalist, to build a church, in 1848, for a group of brothers who had left the Anglican church to become Catholics. The brothers decided that their role lay in the cities so the church became empty until it was adopted as the chapel for the newly established Cotton College, a training centre for Catholic priests, also funded by the Earl of Shrewsbury. It also served as the parish church and when Cotton College closed down in 1987 it continued as a parish church until a serious outbreak of dry rot caused the closure of the church. At 8.30am on Sunday, 24 October 2010, the last Mass was celebrated.