Welcome to Class 2!
Mrs Riley - Miss Cartwright
We hope you have had a lovely, restful Summer Break and are ready for your fantastic learning during the Autumn term.
The children will take home a RWI book once a week and a ‘reading for pleasure book’. The RWI books are designed to ensure the children can work on their fluency. The children must understand what they are reading and they are assessed regularly to ensure they are in the correct RWI groups. The reading for pleasure book can be changed as and when needed. However, we will encourage children to read the book more than once to ensure that they have a thorough understanding of the text.
Homework will be sent home each Wednesday, with an expectation that it will be returned on the following Monday. Please note that if homework is returned late then it will not be marked until the following week.
We are excited to be using Power Maths in our maths lesson!
Power Maths is a mastery programme designed to spark curiosity and excitement and nurture confidence in maths.
- An enriched approach that cleverly combines interactive teaching tools, rich and quality textbooks and practice books.
- A continuous and embedded approach to teacher support and professional development throughout.
- Built around a child‑centred lesson design that models and embeds a growth mindset approach to maths and focuses on helping all children to build a deep understanding of maths concepts.
- Half‑termly and end of year tests to reliably track your children’s progress against Age Related Expectations.
In Art we will be learning about:
In Science this term we will be learning about:
- Seasonal Changes across the four seasons
- Links to associated weather
- Day length
- Plant and the basic structure of flowering plants ongoing through the seasons
In Geography this term we will be learning about Oceans and Continents:
- To name and locate the world's seven continents and five oceans
- Use simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the geography of school and its grounds
- To understand the key human and physical features of the surrounding environment
In history this term we will be looking at Local History and the Community around us.