Welcome to Class 3!
Welcome back! I hope that you have all had the most wonderful break over the Summer holidays. We’re looking forward to hearing all about their fun, games and excursions that they have enjoyed over the holidays. This academic year we will be having the multiplication check for Year 4 so we need to be ready and working super hard. We’ll be doing some work towards it over the next few weeks so try not to worry about it just do your very, very best!
The aim of this letter is to explain some important things to help us all through the upcoming term. Please note that lots of the information will be available on our school website: https://www.faber.staffs.sch.uk/
This coming term our Curriculum Vehicle will be focusing on Transport back in time (looking at vehicles and working through the ages).
Narrative - Setting Description
Unit 1 - Place Value within 1000
Unit 2 - Addition and Subtraction (1)
Unit 3 - Addition and Subtraction (2)
Unit 4 - Multiplication and Division (1)
Unit 2 - Place Value four digit numbers (2)
Unit 3 -Addition and Subtraction
Unit 4 - Measure - Perimeter
Unit 5 -Multiplication and Division (1)
Lots to fit in this term…... Firstly we will dice into the importance of ‘Belonging’ and how We Gather as God’s Family. This will lead nicely into Reconciliation and then Advent. In Between we will look at other faiths such as: Diwali on the 24th October and consider our own catholic faith and virtues.
fundamental movement skills such as Swimming. More information to follow and then linked between the half terms will be Netball, Handball and Dance.
We will be following the Charanga music scheme and the children will be Developing notation skills and learning a whole class instrument…..Woop! Woop! Can’t wait! But my ears………..
The children will be considering; How does music bring us closer together?
A few more important things for this upcoming term:
- Please ensure that your child is reading as much as possible, as this is especially important at this stage in their learning. This should be written in the child’s diary each night as these are checked each day by myself and the TA
- To allow lots of different activities to commence I will be asking and liaising via Class Dojo for any items the children might need to bring in. Please keep looking and checking as it is the easiest form of communication for such things
Please remember that, along with Class Dojo, diaries are a key form of communication between yourselves and us – if you wish to speak to me directly then please get in touch through the school office.
- Homework will be given out via Century Tech (an online platform) log in details will be given during the first week back
- TIMES TABLE chanting and rehearsing is an absolute MUST, please ensure they you are chanting these with the children as often as possible such as: in the car journey to school, in the bath etc.
The following information is imperative for the children to know and learn:
- Year 3: Children are expected to learn multiplication facts for the 3, 4 and 8 times tables (in addition to previous learned tables) and to use practical and written methods to multiply and divide two-digit numbers (for example, 15 x 4)
- Year 4: Students must know all 12 x 12 times tables in preparation for the National Multiplication Check in the summer term.
As always, thank you all for your continued support with your children – we really could not do it without you!